Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Autumn DIY Aspirations

I’ve always been a staunch supporter of do-it-yourself fashion! I think my favorite DIY is, you guessed it, jewelry. But I also love updating old pieces and making them new again.

For example, I always look forward to one of the Glamourai's posts on DIY, and I got an amazing idea from one of her posts to do come autumn. For the fall, I’m thinking of taking an old gray cardigan and swapping out dim gray buttons for some black ones and black ribbon, à la Phillip Lim Spring 2010.


I also am going to take cue from Alber Elbaz and Lanvin Spring 2010 with bejewled anklets, which the Glamourai herself showed off on her blog. I think I’m going to make detachable ones so I can wear them with all of my flats.



I absolutely love Juicy Couture jewelry (like this watch I'm eyeing for my birthday) and love to copy the layered look in their necklaces.




Maybe I could pull off DIY hair accessories too, like this cute headband inspired by Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl fame..


(Images via Style.com, JuicyCouture.com & Google Images)

2 comments:

  1. Super! Love each and every one of them. I also like your new header. You are my very cleaver fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making anklets to go with your flats! I am anxious to see you create all those cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete